Ada 2 cara untuk Thaw (mencairkan EBM)
1. Kes tak sempat nak rendam susu beku.(tidak digalakkan)
2. Sudah mula mencairkan susu semalaman. (cara terbaik)
Kalau kita nak pakai segera susu beku, leh rujuk yang ni.
What are the best ways to thaw and heat my stored milkHeat can destroy human milk's enzymes, immune properties, and other valuable components, so the milk requires gentle care before it is served to baby. Follow these guidelines:
- Defrost milk by holding it under warm running water.
- Or, place the container of milk in a bowl of warm water on the kitchen counter. As the water cools, replace it with more warm water until the milk is thawed and warmed to body temperature.
- Do not heat expressed human milk on top of the stove. It's too easy to overheat it this way. Do not boil!
- Do not heat expressed human milk in a microwave oven. Even if the overall temperature of the milk stays below body temperature, there may be "hot spots" where the milk is overheated and some of its beneficial properties are destroyed. The uneven heating can also be dangerous when the bottle is given to baby.
- Human milk, like any milk that is not processed or homogenized, tends to separate when stored. The cream rises to the top. Swirl the bottle gently to mix the layers.
- Human milk has a thin, bluish look to it, quite different from either homogenized cow's milk or the grayish color of infant formula. Your baby's caregiver may need reassurance that this is normal.
Yang ni kalau rutin harian. Susu yang nak guna esok pagi perlu dicairkan dalam tempoh yang panjang lebih kurang 6-12jam)
Breastmilk is not spoiled unless it smells really bad or tastes sour.
To thaw milk
- Thaw slowly in the refrigerator (this takes about 12 hours – try putting it in the fridge the night before you need it). Avoid letting milk sit out at room temperature to thaw. Rendam susu dalam semangkuk air dan letak dalam peti sejuk
- For quicker thawing, hold container under running water - start cool and gradually increase temperature.
To warm milk
- Heat water in a cup or other small container, then place frozen milk in the water to warm; or
- Use a bottle warmer.
- NEVER microwave human milk or heat it directly on the stove.
If baby does not finish milk at one feeding, it may be refrigerated and offered at the next feeding before it is discarded.